These are the recent activities we have handled.
Bi-Literacy Seal with the Howard County Board of Education (Jan 9, 2020)
- Due to the combined efforts of IONHoCo & multiple language schools, HoCo will recognize Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Kashmiri, Punjabi, & Sindhi for the Bi-Literacy Seal starting School Year 2020-2021.
Snacks With Cops (Aug 20, 2019)
- It always helps to know the local law enforcement officers, first responders and everyone who works hard to keep us safe.
- This is an ongoing effort to break the barriers between the community and the Howard County Police Department.
- Working hard to ensure that the Police Department is reflective of the community we live in. We need for the young Asian Americans to step up and pursue up law enforcement as a career option.
Women and Wealth (Aug 7, 2019)
- Glad to partner with Morgan Stanley and Ms. Namita Kathuria to help empower women with a very informative seminar on Women and Wealth.
Community meeting with County Executive Dr. Calvin Ball (May 14, 2019)
- Thank you County Executive Dr. Calvin Ball for taking time off your busy schedule to meet members of the Indian community to brainstorm and identify solutions on the issues impacting the community.
- An open and ongoing dialogue helps build an equitable society that we all want to live in.
- Thank you for making it an open and informal meeting by meeting us at our home.
Musical Evening with Ustad Javaid Saroia (April 26, 2019)
- Maintaining our culture away from home and promoting local talent. A great fun-filled evening, in association with Chopathi India Kitchen, Saroia Music School & South Asian Women’s Association.
Coalition of Asian Communities meeting with the Howard County Police Chief Ms. Lisa Myers (Feb 18, 2019)
- IONHoCo was proud to lead a coalition of Asian Organizations including Varadhi, CAPA, HCCS to build a working relationship with the Howard County Police Chief Ms. Lisa Myers.
- Together we are stronger than anyone of us.
Building relationship with Horizon Foundation (Feb 2, 2019)
- The Horizon Foundation is a leading philanthropic organization that is working on community change so everyone in Howard County can live a longer, better life.
- Horizon Foundation’s work is driven by community needs and is shaped around strategic solutions that promise a significant lasting impact on physical and mental health in Howard County. As the largest independent health philanthropy in Maryland, they are driven to help everyone in our community – especially those facing the greatest challenges.
- Working with Horizon Foundation and Nikki to make mental health support more accessible and affordable for the Indian Community and the minority community in Howard County.
Howard County International Business Networking (June 12, 2018)
- Happy to collaborate with the Howard County Chamber, Howard County Muslim Council and the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development to learn about the business opportunities with the state.
Domestic Violence Seminar (June 5, 2018)
- Domestic violence is prevalent in all communities and, unfortunately, NOT too many speak up against it.
- Glad to have partnered with Janayitri Foundation & Howard County Muslim Council to help remove the stigma related to Domestic Violence and spread awareness on the resources available to tackle this problem and provide help for the victims.
Community meetings with the MD Governor Candidates (Jan – April 2018)
- Organized informal and productive interactions with most the MD Democratic Candidates for the Governor. Meet with:
- Krish Vignarajah
- Alex Ross
- Ben Jealous
Diwali Mela 2017 (Oct 14, 2017)
- Glad to have bought the Indian community and the society we live in together with the biggest Diwali Mela in Maryland.
- Over 5,000 people attended the Mela.
Discussing the Equity policies with HCPD (May 19, 2017)
- Glad to have led a delegation of Asian Americans to discuss the equity policies with the Howard County Police Department and Police Chief Gardener.
Know your Civic Rights (April 27, 2017)
- A very informative session by Attorney Sheela Murthy and Aron Finkelstein to inform the community on their civic rights.
- Glad to have partnered with Vaaradhi to bring this informative and useful program to the community.
Color Fest 2017 (April 22, 2017)
- To celebrate the Indian Festival of Colors – Holi.
- A very well attended a family fun event.
- Maintaining cultural identity and integrating into the society we live in.
Howard County Police Outreach (Feb 1, 2017)
- When a series of robberies were targeted towards the Indian Origin Community in Howard County, the Howard County Police Department reached out to IONHoCo to help spread the message and take adequate actions to protect ourselves.
Diwali Mela 2016 (Oct 15, 2016)
Professional Development Seminar (July 19, 2016)
- Partnered with XITM to present a seminar on professional development to help chart out a path for PMP, Agile, ITIL Hadoop & AWS certification.
Hasya Kavi Samelan (June 25, 2016)
Adopt a family for Holidays (Dec 18, 2019)
- There is nothing more satisfying and rewarding than giving to those who need it the most.
- IONHoCo is glad to have adopted three families for the holidays.
Diwali Mela 2019 (Oct 20, 2019)
- At the Meadowbrook Athletic Club in Ellicott City.
- A well-attended event with over 4,000 attendees, 50+ Vendors and 300+ performers.
For further details about our recent events, please give us a call at 410-340-0529. You may also sign up to be a part of our upcoming events.