Improving the lives of our constituents
Senior Citizen Programming
- With Barbara Scher & Jeannie DeCray from the Howard County Office on Aging and Independence. Visiting the Elkridge 50+ Center and brainstorming on how to get the minority communities to use the 50+ facilities for healthy, enlightened, satisfying and graceful aging.
- A collaborative effort with the Howard County Asian American Pacific Islanders community.
- Every resident of the USA needs to be counted.
- IONHoCo is working along with the Chinese American Parents Association (CAPA), Howard County Chinese School (HCCS), League of Korean Americans (LOKA-HC), Howard County Government and others to spread the message and the importance of being counted in the census 2020.
- The Federal Government allocates about $64 billion annually to the local communities based on the census count. Each person not counted approximates to about $20K for the local community. It is important to be counted. It takes only a few minutes to complete the census form.
Operating Budget Review Commission (OBRC)
- The Operating Budget Review Commission reviews and advises the Howard County Board of Education on the HCPSS annual budget of about $1 Billion.
- Thank you, Board of Education, for unanimously recommending IONHoCo to be one of the commission members for School Year 19-20.
- IONHoCo is proud to nominate Mr. Janak Rajani for this position.
Adapt a Highway:
- IONHoCo is happy to adapt Rt 40 between Greenway Park and SECU as part of our environment and clean neighborhoods initiative.